labels

Monday, January 24, 2011

DIY: Ruffle Shoes

What you’ll need:
Sandals/heels that have a line across the top of the foot, fabric, needle & thread, hot glue gun, scissors, Velcro (optional).

These are the shoes I got ( $3 at Walmart ), I took the beads off of them.



Next cut circles out of your fabric of choice ( I used a small jar to trace mine out ) The number of circles you cut out depends on how many ruffles you want your shoes to have. ( I cut out about 14)
Fold in half
Bring in corners to the top
Keep folding to make a pie piece


Sew the piece together (make your stitches ½ way down) * where the needle is laying is where I made my stitch.

Cut the bottoms off
Next cut 2 strips of fabric that are the same size as the piece on the shoe that runs on the top of the foot.

This step is optional, I added Velcro to mine so I can make different pieces to add on.  Or you can just hot glue the fabric right on to the shoe.

Then I just hot glued my ruffle pieces to the strip of fabric ( you can sew them on but I was rushed for time to I just glued them on.)
Hope you enjoy!!
P.S. If you make some PLEASE share how they turned out! Even share pics if you want. ( You can share here on the blog or on our facebook page!)

No comments:

Post a Comment