labels

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Good Bye: part 1

September was an unbelievably hard, long, and emotional month for me. I had made the decision a few months prior to shut down the store, but like most things it was easier said than done. I found myself feeling overwhelmed almost everyday, and not just overwhelmed by the amount of work there was to do. I was shutting down my dream, my passion, and closing what had become a HUGE part of my life. And on top of everything trying not to feel like a failure.... let's just say I was a ball of emotions haha.
Sadly,  there was a few people (who don't actually know me, they just know me as that girl who had that store) who were more than willing to tell me that yes I failed, I was too young, and other not nice comments. That pretty much destroyed me. (sorry I'm not trying to rant it's all just part of the story, it gets better :) I promise.) So, add closing down my dream, mean comments, and a ridiculous amount of work together and you get a tired, sad Jordyn.
Now steps in my amazing friends, and family. I can't say how much it meant to me to have them around. They would help at the store (packing and moving), help with the hours of paper work, and most importantly they were there for me emotionally. Hearing from one friend that they were proud of me, wipes out all rude comments from strangers. They helped me realise that I did not fail by deciding to shut down my store,   "Jordyn they can say what ever they want, but at the end of the day none of those people had the courage to step out in faith like you did. And most of them probably never will, so in the end why does it matter what they say?" was something I heard allot in the past few weeks.
So from the bottom of my heart I want to thank my parents, brothers, friends and family. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You guys are so amazing and I love you! And to those of you who came into the store to wish me luck in what ever I do next, Thank you!!

My last night in the store I took photos, not to have pictures of me in an empty building to make me sad. But, to have photos in the place where I lived out my dream, learned sooooooo much, and to know that even though closing looks like the end it's really just the spring board to what ever I do next. :)

~ J.

1 comment:

  1. Just thought you should know my 2 daughters and I really enjoyed your store and your style. Sorry it is closed but you did something and that is a huge bit of courage and to those who would be negative, it is too bad they have not yet done anything good by putting you down. So on to your next adventure God has ready for you. :)

    ReplyDelete