labels

Monday, March 14, 2011

D.I.Y. Week.... #1


How to make a no sew Tutu in under 45 mins.( and under $10 )
  • First I started with a trip to Dollarama to get supplies
  • Add a pair of scissors and that's all I needed.
  • You need to decide how far out you want your tutu to go. Once you decide that, you cut a strip of tool double the length that you want.( You'll be folding it in half )
  • Next take your ribbon and measure the length so it will fit around the hips. Tie a knot at each end, and leave enough ribbon so you're able to tie it up with a bow.
  • Now take a piece of tool and fold it in half
  • I'm not sure of the exact name for these types of knots, but loop your tool through the folded end and around the ribbon and pull tight.
  • Now you just keep repeating this step with all the tool until you fill up the ribbon from knot to knot.
  • Then it's time to enjoy your new tutu!
I hope you enjoy! I look forward to doing a whole week of D.I.Y. posts! :) I hope you all have a FANTASTIC Monday! - J.

No comments:

Post a Comment