labels

Thursday, November 18, 2010

DIY:: Unique Invitations

Last night while messing around with my craft stuff I decided I would attempt to make some paper flowers. They turned out better than I thought they would! So I decided to try to incorporate them into the invitations I was making for the stores Christmas party. I think they're pretty cute and unique so if anyone else wants to attempt them here is how I did them.    Enjoy!
Supplies:
Scissors, an old book, hot glue gun.
Step 1:
Start off with an old book. (Sorry to all the book lovers out there!)

Step 2:
Cut down the middle of the pages to make the top of the petals.

Step 3:
Once cut, scrunch them up to give them texture.

Step 4:
Pinch together at the bottom an staple to hold shape. ( Make however many of these you want depending on what size you want your flowers to be.)

Step 5:
Glue your petals together and shape them. ( you can do this however you want to make the design/size of flowers you want.) You can use whatever you want for the center of your flower. (I used string, buttons, and in a few I even rolled up another page from the book into a ball.)

Step 6:
Roll a piece of paper and glue it to make a stem. Than glue your stem to the back of your flower.
Once you have done that you’ll have a unique flower that you can tie an invite to. For my invitations I’m using antique looking postcards that I picked up at Hobby Lobby, and I just wrote my invites out on the back of them.

Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment