labels

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day!

I just want to make a quick shout out to my dad, cause he's kinda great. :)
In my eyes my dad is a living breathing example of John 15:13 ("Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.") He's a police officer and every time he puts on his uniform he's potentially putting his life on the line to help complete strangers. He's the one who taught me how to drive, how to fish & hunt, how to play baseball, how to shoot a bow, skip rocks, how to pray, and how to put others needs before my own. Plus on top of everything he's the funniest and most out going person I know. The photo above was taken back in 09 while we were staying in Vancouver {dad was shooting archery in the World Police Fire Games which is pretty much the Olympics for police officers and fire fighters} we spent a day at Playland and some how he convinced me to get in this vest, get attached to a line with him, pulled up 100ft, so he could pull the rip cord and let us free fall..... But I knew that with him up there beside me (laughing at me because I was SCREAMING my lungs out) that I could do it :)
So Happy Father's Day Pops!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment