labels

Friday, August 26, 2011

Cute Cut-Offs... DIY

I was on Pintrest on Wednesday morning and came across these cute cut-offs with lace on the bottom and I knew that I had to make myself some. While I was out thrifting with Dani that afternoon I found some white and pink lace trim for $0.50 it was a sign that I needed to make these shorts!(haha not really but I was super happy to find some:)  After I got home from the races that night I couldn't wait any longer to make them, so I got everything ready and went to work. 
I had an old pair of jeans that were too short, but other than that still fit. Perfect for cut-offs!
I figured out how short I wanted them, folded the pants in half and cut. (I left an extra inch or two longer when I cut them)

Put them on and fold them to the right length. I used a marker to draw a line where to cut them.

Fold them inside out and line up your marks, and cut.

Get your lace ready.

I hand stitched the lace around the inside (I would have used a sewing machine but mine is with my mother right now.) I used a dark navy thread so it wouldn't show very much on the outside.

And your done! Now set up your self timer and take photos while you pray no one walks into your shop....
OK you can skip that last one if you like, but if you do make some share your photos I'd love to see how others turn out!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment