labels

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Small Town Blues

"Oh the joys of living in small town Saskatchewan" -said with a ton of sarcasm-  is something my family hears from me way to often. I usually say it after telling them a story of how I needed to defend my style from someone throughout the day. My love for dressing up, feathers, and wearing my hair in the occasional beehive doesn't fit into the small town norm of blue jeans and T-shirts to well.
So yesterday was a pretty rough day, and by the end of it I was ready to pack up my bags and move back out to Vancouver and get as far away from small town Saskatchewan as I could. To try to make my day better I decided to go for a nice long walk after supper, and take my camera along with me. As I started my walk I began to realise things that I love about living in a small town that I wouldn't have if I lived in the city. Like the sunsets, how I can go for a walk through a field, and just how simply beautiful everything is but I so often don't take the time to realize it.
I am by no means a professional at taking photos, I just point and shoot. But these are some of the photos I took last night.













I also began to realise that maybe God has a bigger plan for me in this small town than I do for myself, that I just need to have faith and trust that he has amazing things instore for me if I stick it out :)
Plus when I really think about it I'd much rather stick out than blend in, it's more fun. I've always been more of leader, not a follower why change that now :)
~ J.

1 comment:

  1. I really LOVE all the ones with the sun, especially the third one down. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete