labels

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Random Post

Have you ever had a day where you really wanted to be creative and make something but the creative juices weren't flowing? or had a lack of inspiration? Well that was me yesterday. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't come up with any new headband/necklace designs, and it was driving me bonkers! I was going to do a post yesterday, but other things happened (it was kind of a rotten day) and I could see me just complaining about my rotten day and how I was upset. And that would have made a terrible post, so I decided to watch The Lovely Bones instead (it was dead in the store) that movie always makes me happy. I should explain, it's not the story of the movie that makes me happy (it's actually very creepy) but the style, the colours, and how its filmed that I love so much. Anywho, after the movie I was slightly more motivated so I started a new headband display, got supplies ready to make headbands, and finally put photos up!

*fabric strips ready for headbands*



So I decided this morning that I'm going to find joy in the simple things today, and not let silly little things get to me again like they did yesterday. So here are some things that made me smile so far today.

*my favorite blanket*

*my little reminder everyday, and the old photos :)*

*ignore my junky drawing, but I came up with an idea to try today*

*getting to enjoy my morning coffee, while journaling and reading my bible*


*close up photos of Tasha, the most needy cat ever... but yet still cute*

*and finally my handmade pillows. I went through this crazy pillow making phase a few months ago, it's hard trying to make 13 pillows look good on one bed. I usually settle for only putting 7 on....*

So there ya go my random scatter brained post. I'll have a simple DIY  for you guys this afternoon to make up for not having anything up yesterday! But for now I'm off the design a window display!
~ J.

No comments:

Post a Comment